Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Turkey Day and Seattle marathon

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! We had a very nice day. We went down to Tacoma to have a nice dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Tracy, Grandma and Grandpa T, Don and Jill, and Uncle Bubba. We had a very nice dinner and lots of fun chatting and visiting. We hope everybody else had a great day too.

On Saturday we went into downtown Seattle to the 1st ever 5k in conjunction with the Seattle marathon. The race was right on the waterfront, making for a fun morning. And the weather was nice too! What are the chances of that in Seattle during November?? It was chilly, but not raining, for which we were grateful. Josh ran his race and did very well. He got 26th overall, and 2nd in his division. He was mostly excited for the shirt. Instead of just a t-shirt, like most races, he actually got a really nice running shirt. WooHoo! That made it worth the entrance fee right there!

So here are some pics from the race:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

courtney said...

I'm so glad you had a great thanksgiving! We had a good one too!

My Brother-in-law does a lot of marathons and is trying to get me to do them with him...still hasn't convinced me. Great Job to Josh though! I think it takes a lot to do marathons.

Unknown said...

Holy cow!!! Bubba is so different. I haven't seen him since prepuberty I think. I wouldnt' have recognized him on the street. Grats on the race Josh.