Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tax refunds are great!

This year, we are using our tax refund to remodel the world's ugliest, drabbest kitchen.  So, here are the before pics....

Yep, that would be painted plywood cabinetry.  Classy, I know.
And, why yes.... everything is the exact shade of cream.  Cabinets, walls, trim... it's like they set off a paint bomb and everything got painted at once.  And that lovely eyesore of cabinetry breaking up the space between the kitchen and dining areas?  Gone!  I can see from one side of the kitchen to the other now! And going from the door to the garage is a straight line, rather than 16 turns through the kitchen maze.


 Yesterday Josh and a truck driver hauled a bunch of boxes like these...
 from this big ole truck...
 Into the garage.  Those are the new cabinets, ready to assemble and hang!  And look at that cute little boy trying to move the new fridge...

The garage is getting pretty full of new kitchen stuff...

To be continued!

3 comments:

Mags said...

I hate cliff hangers. Show off the new kitchen!!! I'm excited...it's like HGTV come to life. ;-)

Sarah said...

It's not done yet... but it's totally empty now, so we have a blank slate!

Mary said...

I am glad you can navigate your kitchen now. But look at all the cupboard space you are losing. I guess I am a bit jealous. You will still have more than I do.